Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Nursing Reunion

Every 5 years my nursing class holds a reunion.  I have been lucky enough to be able to attend the last 3 or 4 of them and this year is a very special one.  It was in 1964 that 75 nurses graduated from St Joseph's Hospital School of Nursing in Toronto Canada.  I was one of those nurses.  Fifty years is a long time.  I spent a number of years in the nursing profession and even taught student nurses for some of those years.  As my children were getting older, I decided that I should stay home and look after them.  I thought that they needed to have their mother at home even if they felt they were getting old enough to be on their own.  

We average about 40 classmates at these reunions which means about half of the class get together for 3 days of reminiscing and fun.  Since this is our 50th reunion the Alumni honour us with a Dinner on Friday night and then we will get together with our classmates on Saturday and Sunday at a Hotel downtown.

At the last reunion I made luggage tags for all those that attended and this year I made "Wonder Wallets" from Lazy Girl Designs.  I was going to make them in assorted colours but one of my friends suggested I try to find nurse fabric.  I found some in a small town on the north shore of Lake Superior called Beaver Bay.  I needed more so I ordered it on line from Loralie Designs.


I made 48 Wonder Wallets for my classmates.

I had some of the blue fabric left over so I made myself a few new luggage tags in honour of my 50th reunion.  

Two new luggage tags.

I also put one of the small business cards in each of the wallets as a remembrance of the occasion.

I will be leaving next Tuesday for Toronto, hopefully I will be able to blog and post a few pictures of all the fun and shenanigans.
Peggy

No comments: