Sunday, July 26, 2015

Whoot, Whoot

I have had a very busy month this July.  I was away on a quilt retreat at Hawkeye Lake again this year but forgot to take pictures.  I made 6 quilt tops on retreat.  Two of them will be Teddy Bear quilts and the others are children's quilts for a group called "Precious Bundles".  The guild supplies them with children or baby quilts to give to the less fortunate.

I also went on a fishing trip up to Lake of the Woods.  We didn't get our limit of 12 fish but we caught 10 and had a great fish fry.

Today I finished the Hinge quilt.  Whoot, whoot.  I was really not looking forward to putting the borders on this quilt as it finishes at 68 x 80 inches.  I very large quilt for me to make.  I just have to add the binding and then I will take a final picture.  I bought myself a treat of a new sewing machine and that is what made the task so easy.  It paid for itself today.  It is a Janome 8900 and just a gem.  I think I am really going to enjoy this new machine and to put it through it's paces.  Looking forward to getting to know it.

Peggy

No comments: