Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Home After A Fantastic Long Weekend

It all started last Thursday when I flew to London Ontario.  Lynda picked me up and we headed for the mall to do some shopping.  I had some success; I bought myself a new spring/fall jacket.  On Friday we were up early to drive to Toronto to the Creativ Festival.


Since 1988, Creativ Festival is Canada’s largest diy consumer show dedicated to the creative arts of sewing, knitting, beading, spinning, weaving, felting, quilting, crocheting, stitching, scrap booking, crafting and other fibre, textile, needle and paper arts.

This Festival takes place twice a year in April and October.  It is something that I have wanted to go to for a long time and this was the year I decided to make it happen.  It didn't disappoint.

There were several sewing machine companies there.

Janome, BabyLock, Pfaff, and Bernina to name a few.


There were numerous quilt shoppes in attendance as well as notion companies and knitting shoppes.

Lots of beads and jewelry available also.

My loot.
22 yards of fabric and 28 fat quarters.  There was so much different fabric there that I couldn't turn it down.  I also picked up a pattern.

We spent the night in Toronto before driving back to Lynda's place.  On the way home to stopped to visit with one of Lynda's friends in Orangeville and also stopped at 2 quilt shops.  I don't think I need to buy any more fabric for a long time.  This will keep me busy for a while.
 Saturday night I took my 17 year old grand-daughter out for dinner.  It was nice to visit with her and spend some time with her.

On Sunday we drove back to Toronto to attend a Blue Jay's baseball game.  We had wonderful tickets on the first base line in row 18.  It has been years since I attended a professional baseball game and we had a great time.  We paid a lot for our tickets but I may not get back to another game so I blew the bank roll.

We asked the staff to take our picture.  They are very obliging.

Josh Donaldson Day.
A sell out crowd.

Up to bat.

Osuna pitching in the last inning.  
Blue Jays won 6-3.
It was a good game to go to, especially since they won.

I left for home on Monday evening and walked in the door at 1:30 am.  My plane was late from Toronto and when I got home I was too tired to do anything so I just went to bed.
Peggy

1 comment:

Warm Quilts said...

What a treat to visit Creativ Festival. And, an amazing amount of loot you came home with! Thank you for sharing with us.