Thursday, May 19, 2016

Two Small Quilts

Every year our guild makes small quilts for Teddy Bears for Christmas Cheer Fund.  These are really neat to make because they are small and don't take a lot of time to make.  I like to piece so I often make a small quilt with a lot of piecing involved.

Little Boy's Toys

I found this on Lyn Brown's Blog.  Notice that one of the boats is
facing the wrong way.  So cute.
If you check out her blog she a lot of small quilts for dolls that are free.

Baby Buckaroos

I bought an ebook on line from Martingale Publishing and this little quilt was in it.
I bought this fabric a few years ago when I visited my brother in
Tallahassee and didn't realize that it was tailor made for this quilt.  I made some magic 9 patch blocks in red this time.
I had made this quilt before but used blue 9 patches.
I think I like the red better because it sets the fussy cut squares off.
I actually sold this quilt yesterday.
I think it was the first one I have sold since I started quilting 10 years ago.
A friend called and asked if I had a quilt for a boy for her to take to a baby shower this weekend.

Peggy


No comments: